Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Spring Fever!

Have you heard of it?  It is here.  The snow is melting, the sun is shining - Absolutely beautiful.  How do I know it is here?  The kids are antsy and wanting to be outside.  They are picking at each other relentlessly.  My children are like all others.  Every year around this time my husband will ask, "So what do you want to do for vacation this year?".  My comeback is always the same, "You bought me paradise, where else would I want to go?".  Am I just trying to make my husband feel good?  Yes and No.  I love where we live.  We have been here for almost six years and can't imagine being anywhere else.  God changes my view quite often this pic is out our patio door, some days I can see the mountains, some days I can't.  Part of the year they are snow capped and the other part they aren't.  Moose come through to pay a visit, as do the bears, although I haven't seen any bears,  just prints and fur.  

This is todays view, beautiful as always, a little deceiving, it is 15 degrees.

The Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights) are spectacular.  Our daughter at age three renamed them The Spirits of the Earth.  I have never taken a picture of them that truly captures the way I feel when I see them.  

So the best spring fever cure for me is a walk in my backyard.  The crocus will be peeking in a few weeks -- the first sign of spring. 

Thank you God (and my husband) for my paradise on Earth.

2 comments:

  1. That is a spectacular view !
    My Dad told me that years ago when he was a boy you could see the colors of the Northern Lights here in central Kentucky. It is amazing to think that the air was so clean and clear and no towers of light were blinding the night sky.

    ReplyDelete